Take four guys and a girl with the common aim of bringing the best Soul party tunes to audiences at a wide variety of social events across the UK, and you’ve got Soul’d Up. Playing at weddings, parties and corporate functions since 2003, they can boast a string of satisfied customers.
“Hot rhythms supporting funky riffs and topped with stylish vocals – that’s Soul’d Up!”
Soul… Funk… Motown… Disco… the signature sounds that defined the 1960s, ‘70s, ‘80s and ‘90s, all the while filling dancefloors to overflowing from Land’s End to John O’Groats, now emerge re-minted and in sparkling showroom condition alongside modern-day Soul and Pop favourites.
A top-quality vocal line is the hallmark of the Soul’d Up sound, primarily featuring soulful lead singer Sheila who is also ably supported by three-part backing vocals from the guys. It’s all driven along by punchy bass guitar and drums in the rhythm section, and harmonically enhanced and punctuated by well-crafted keyboard and lead guitar. The line-up can be further augmented by saxophone or an all-female two-part brass section.
Whether it’s a family party or a club night, Soul’d Up take pride in coming dressed to suit the event. Dancing isn’t a matter of choice – the sheer quality of the repertoire, combined with their energetic performance and sassy musicianship, will have everyone up out of their seats in no time.
Every aspect of the band’s musical performance and stageshow is carefully observed. Soul’d Up supply a high-quality PA system, adaptable to venues large and small, to balance, amplify and enhance their sound, and can in addition provide lightshow facilities if appropriate to the event.
Soul’d Up deliver performances with passion, breathing new life into Funk, Motown, Disco and Soul classics, certain to get the party swinging.
- Tried-and-tested favourites to fill any dancefloor
- Flexible line-up can be tailored to suit your event
- High-quality PA system and lighting equipment
- Always There – Incognito
- Another Star – Stevie Wonder
- Back To My Roots – Odyssey
- Best Of My Love -The Emotions
- Carwash – Rose Royce
- Dancing In The Street – Martha Reeves And The Vandellas
- Forget You – Ce Lo Green
- Gimme Some Lovin’ – The Blues Brothers
- Higher And Higher – Jackie Wilson
- I Ain’t Never Loved A Man – Aretha Franklin
- I Can Make You Feel Good – Shalamar
- I Will Survive – Gloria Gaynor
- I’m Outta Love – Anastasia
- Le Freak – Chic
- Many Rivers To Cross – Jimmy Cliff
- Mercy – Duffy
- Midas Touch – Midnight Star
- Rescue Me – Fontella Bass
- Respect – Aretha Franklin
- Ring My Bell – Anita Ward
- Somebody Else’s Guy – Jocelyn Brown
- Street Life – Randy Crawford And The Crusaders
- Superstition – Stevie Wonder
- Thinking Of You – Sister Sledge
- To Make You Feel My Love – Adèle
- Upside Down – Diana Ross
- Valerie – Amy Winehouse
- We Are Family – Sister Sledge
- You To Me Are Everything – The Real Thing
- ….and plenty more….